Hand-washing our decks and driveways may seem like the most logical way to clean them out, but there is a far more effective approach: using a pressure washing machine. Don't wait further and get one for yourself!
This guide will provide you with the information you need to select the best type of pressure washer for your household needs. We'll also discuss what design elements you should pay attention to when buying such equipment and how to properly maintain it to serve you well for years on end.
What To Look For When Shopping Around
When shopping around for an effective cleaning machine, consider these three key features: GPM (gallons per minute), PSI (pounds per square inch), and PW (pounds per watt). The first two numbers tell you how quickly the machine can spray water and the latter one tells you how robust that design is.
In general, a PSI of at least 2700 will provide you with optimal performance on most projects both inside and outside of your home.
Don't forget to look at the included accessories for this type of device as well: For example, some washers come bundled with an additional extension hose while others do not. If you need such equipment to reach certain areas, make sure to find a product that includes everything in its bundle before buying it. Also, read online reviews and Q&A sessions to learn what people think about their purchased products.
Proper Pressure Washer Maintenance
Due to their high-powered nature, pressure washers can easily break down if not properly maintained. Therefore, you must follow these six tips to prolong the life of your purchased product:
- Always make sure to clean up any outdoor equipment once you're done using it. Don't let mud and other particles build up on the exterior.
- While most pressure washers come with exterior brushes, they aren't always tough enough to get rid of stubborn stains like rust or mould spots which need more attention than the standard showerhead can offer. As a result, you may want to consider purchasing a separate high-pressure nozzle for this type of use as well.
- Use only purified water when running a device such as this one. Ordinary tap water can cause damage to the insides when mixed with chemical components. If you don't have purified water on hand, add a little vinegar to your tank instead.
- Don't use this type of product in wet conditions. It's best to keep such equipment dry at all times and only use it when the exterior is completely dry as well.
- Never point a nozzle at anything you don't want to clean: Your power washer can cause damage if not handled correctly. It isn't always easy to tell where its powerful stream of water will be coming from next unless you're looking directly into the design.
- Inspect all fittings each time before switching on such a machine. Loose connectors can quickly become detached while in operation and create additional problems which you can avoid by maintaining maximum stability at all times.
With so many advantages to using these machines, households everywhere are beginning to invest in the best pressure washer for their needs. By understanding more about what makes one design better than another, you too will be able to identify the perfect accessory for your home and keep your outdoor areas looking pristine at all times.